2007-07-13

Mint troubles, but networking up and running

Two weeks later I disabled Mint temporarily but have networking up and running!

Why I disabled Mint? I had it up and running, but the networking part was troublesome and I kept getting errors on bootup related to one of the external modules. Networking is critical for me, I want to transport files easily over the network. I'm using a DaynaPort Pocket SCSI/Link together with the Anodyne Software drivers. So I didn't hunt down the problem and just set up Sting under Single TOS. It was a breeze together with the Anodyne drivers.

Next I installed HighWire to check out internet browsing on the Falcon. It was a bit troublesome, but in the end all was fine and I played with it a bit. Still need to check out configuration options to tweak it to my preferences, for instance default font settings are hard to use.

During the setup of Sting and HighWire I stumbled upon quite some posts on different fora concerning installation issues. I'll try to write a quick guide with example settings and post it here for reference for those Atarians who are struggeling.

No comments: