2007-08-29

Slow progress and no update discipline

Just to update the blog again... I'm still heavily dedicated to my plans of scanning and publishing a lot of old Atari info on my personal domain, but it is time consuming and progress is slow. However, check the site regularly for updates!

Attention is also distracted by my beloved machines. A few days ago I received my SatanDisk and had to testdrive it on as many Atari's as I own ;-) . This thing works like a charm. I've thrown several different SD cards at it (SanDisk 1GB and 2GB versions and some old 16 & 32MB ones) and it's eating them without complaining.

I'm also merging hardware from several different TT030's to get the best possible configurations. In one of my former posts I told you about the acquisition of a 4MB ST-Ram / 4MB TT-Ram model, but I ended up with a 2MB ST-Ram / 16MB TT-Ram with Spektrum 1 VME graphic card :-D . Sweet! But unhappy with the 2MB St-Ram I decided to take a 2MB-Ram from another TT and throw in a bigger SCSI harddisk as well.

However I've now some terminiation issue on the SCSI bus which I need to sort out before I will continue with my Mint installation guide I wish to finish on this 'new' old TT030.

Bye for now!

No comments: