2007-06-30

Installing Mint from CD not as easy as I thought

After I prepared my Falcon for installation (see former post) I started the Easymint installation from CD. First part succeeded without any issues, but after it tried to restart loading Mint I got a fatal exeption and Easymint wasn't able to continue installing from CD. I tried fixing it manually for some time, setting up CD support in Mint with the correct drivers (I thought), but I ended up with a half finished setup.

Well, I changed strategy, repartitioned my harddrive (4 x 512MB GEM partitions and 4 x F32/LNX partitions equally divided left over diskspace) and copied over the Easymint installation to D:. Installation started, C: became startup partition and J: as a LNX partition became EXT2 for Mint.

During installation I selected XaAES and TeraDesk to be installed as well. All packages were selected for installation as well (basic, standard, develop, libs, net and X11). Right now it is still running the installation, it takes quite some time :-). Until now one error in the develop.tar:
Installing m4-1.4.1-1.m68kmint.rpm!
Error during installation of m4-1.4.1-1.m68kmint.rpm
install-info: No such file or directory for /usr/info/m4.info.gz
excution of m4-1.4.1-1 script failed, exit status 1
I'll try to figure out what is means and how to fix it, but this will not worry me immediately as developing for / under Mint is long term planning for me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.