2007-06-29

Falcon souped up for (Easy)Mint

Aah, today I had some time to collect some hardware to enhance functionality of one of my Falcons. Magic ran fine on it, but I was unable to get networking up and running under Magic with my Dayna Pocket SCSI/Link. What I've read this week is that is should be easier to get it up and running under Mint.

So, to get Mint on this Falcon I first upgraded my Falcon with a bigger harddisk. The original 60MB doesn't cut the cheese, so I grabbed a 60GB IDE laptop harddisk, formatted and partitioned it (C: = 200MB (type = BGM) and four more partitions equally divided (type = F32)) and all was fine.

Then I hooked up Yamaha SCSI CDWriter, iOmega 250MB zipdrive and the Dayna Pocket SCSI/Link. Configuring all this equipment with HDDriver 8 was a breeze. Finally, to be able to start installing I needed to setup CD drivers as single TOS doesn't support such drives natively. After a bit of a search for MetaDos, Spin! and the correct settings, here I am ready for Mint! Hope to post a succes story soon...

No comments: