2007-06-23

Magic instead...

...of Mint. Today I started to re-install one of my Falcon's (a standard Falcon only upgraded to 14MB of internal memory) instead of one of my TT's as posted before. I was ready to start installing Mint, but after I saw the size of the different packages I decided against it. Because the Falcon is not linked to my local network, does not have a CDRom unit linked to it and my PC's don't have SCSI connectivity to share the ZIP-drive, transfering the Easymint package to the Falcon would be quite a challenge with HD floppies :-\

So I searched for my second hand version of Magic v6.2 and within a couple of minutes it was up and running on the Conner 84MB harddrive (needs to be upgraded I know :-)). Immediately after that Jinnee v2.5 was installed, cause the Magix desktop coming default with the Magic install is of no use for me. Finishing off with NVDI 5.01 and I had a clean nice looking install on the Falcon.

Now I'm going through my large collection of applications to see what software to load onto the machine...

Next week when the university I attend closes for the holidays I will have more time to hook up some additional hardware to the Falcon (CDRom, bigger harddisk, Pamsnet, etc.) making it easier to install Mint as I had planned for today!

No comments: